DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017
 

fnord
Harward

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Harward Reply with quote

Wow.

So I got an email from someone in the Czech Republic asking for some scans of our materials.

But in the Subject line of his email was the following: "Harward university - music library"

Harward? What? Is the guy freaking Chekov? Wessel? Do they actually type it that way as well as say it that way even though there's no reason to change the spelling?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just leave this here:


_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
epb
Mendicant


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 451

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Harward Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
Wow.

So I got an email from someone in the Czech Republic asking for some scans of our materials.

But in the Subject line of his email was the following: "Harward university - music library"

Harward? What? Is the guy freaking Chekov? Wessel? Do they actually type it that way as well as say it that way even though there's no reason to change the spelling?


Hey, maybe he meant this place http://www.harwardbgl.org/ , and made a few mailing/addressing mistakes. You never know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the message included references to 5 of our holdings including our call numbers (as in, the crazy call number system Harvard made up for itself), I doubt that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1637

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
Considering the message included references to 5 of our holdings including our call numbers (as in, the crazy call number system Harvard made up for itself), I doubt that.


Have you ever been to harwardbgl? Maybe it's more like Harvard than Harvard is.
_________________
' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
mchicken wrote:
Considering the message included references to 5 of our holdings including our call numbers (as in, the crazy call number system Harvard made up for itself), I doubt that.


Have you ever been to harwardbgl? Maybe it's more like Harvard than Harvard is.


No.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Charcoal2 Theme © Zarron Media