DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
Webkinz writing contest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Webkinz writing contest Reply with quote

Apparently they have them.

Quote:
The Vernal Equinox marks the start of Spring, and is also when the day is just as long as the night. But did you ever wonder why? We're looking for a creative, original paragraph that explains the Equinox or why we have seasons - the sillier the better! The prize for this contest is an eStore exclusive Violetwing Butterfly virtual pet.

Submitted stories will be judged on creativity, grammar and style. Submissions must be original pieces of work. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries received.

Usually I would scoff at such a thing, but this butterfly is pretty classy:
http://www.webkinznewz.com/wp-mu/wp-content/themes/wznews/Contests/showImage.php?imageName=contestImages/1237299278.png

The thing is, I don't know what they mean by "creative" entries. There's a very well-defined reason for why we have seasons. Am I supposed to ignore that and make up my own? Any how do I make it look like a third grader wrote it?

Last edited by lizakova on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't directly insert images that are posted in that way, you have to link to the url.

Yes, you pretend season happen in the same way that storks bring babies and the moon is made of cheese.
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could have it be somewhat accurate but also silly/creative. Like talk about how Mr. Sun has a cold and sneezes radiation... knowing this, Ms. Axis, who wears an Earth suit, tried to duck and get out of the way of the sneezing, but she isn't very limber and only made it half way. (Or however many degrees.) Yeah....

Do they actually say there's an age limit? You could misspell some things...
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epb wrote:
Maybe you could have it be somewhat accurate but also silly/creative. Like talk about how Mr. Sun has a cold and sneezes radiation... knowing this, Ms. Axis, who wears an Earth suit, tried to duck and get out of the way of the sneezing, but she isn't very limber and only made it half way. (Or however many degrees.) Yeah....

If you read the official rules (which I obviously did), it says that the contest is in fact only open to people who are legal adults in their country of residence. If you're not an adult, you have to have your parent submit you entry.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epb wrote:

That's actually really cool.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...maybe something about a yeti and a princess and how one loved the cold and the other loved the heat. And they fell in love but couldn't be together because of their respective climate preferences...

I'm working on it. That butterfly is mine.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to use the line from the creature co-op website?

Quote:
Despite his ferocious appearance, Yeti is a shy and gentle beast. He would like to go home with you and have hot chocolate (the kind with mini marshmallows).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Raid and Dungeon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: