DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
Thrice Forsaken

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Thrice Forsaken Reply with quote

So, I'm getting ready to depart from a 6.00 recitation (I need a REST) when I see Kallie. As it turns out, she's also in the class (though I didn't see her in the lectures), and she's in the recitation just after mine.

After confirming that we were both in the same class and exchanging an anecdote or two, I mention that I'll look for her in the lecture (as any good DOOMCitizen would do, imo).

I'm am then told that I can't sit near her (though I hadn't actually suggested any such thing) because she sits with her sorority-mates.

Needless to say, I assume it's because I'm black.

Now, I like Kallie and I'm not one to call names...

...so I'll let wikipedia do it for me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Peter#Denial_of_Jesus

Last edited by jaster on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really more of a Peter, denying your name.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
Really more of a Peter, denying your name.

It's true... I had two different ways in which I was considering taking the post, the the product was a non-sensical amalgam of the two.

Fixed
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... this is not exactly the way it went down, at least the way I interpreted it.

He said he'd look for me. I wanted to make sure that he knew that if he were already sitting down and my sorority sisters were also sitting down, I would go sit with them. I ended the conversation by saying something to the effect that were I already sitting down, he could come sit on the other side of me, but at that point he was already mock-outraged, so I don't think he heard me.

DOOMCom Solidarity

So there.
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
...if he were already sitting down and my sorority sisters were also sitting down, I would go sit with them.

Is this a sorority policy (implicit or explicit), or is it just that it's still kind of new and you want to cement the relationships and all?

kallie wrote:

... were I already sitting down, he could come sit on the other side of me....

What if more sorority sisters arrived after he sat on the non-sorority-sister-side of you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: