DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
Starbucks @ BU

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Starbucks @ BU Reply with quote

So I went to the Starbucks on Commonwealth across from BU last night, and for some reason on their hours sign, in the same professionally crafted lettering as the Sunday and Monday-Saturday hours, they had Christmas Day as well as Thanksgiving hours listed.

Who lists those year round? Who buys professional letters for them? What is the point? Do I really need that information 11 months in advance just in case I need to plan my Christmas or Thanksgiving day coffee needs?
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Starbucks @ BU Reply with quote

I've seen other places do it. It probably saves them some hassle with regards to posting special hours around the holidays.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Starbucks @ BU Reply with quote

lizakova wrote:
I've seen other places do it. It probably saves them some hassle with regards to posting special hours around the holidays.

The hassle of printing 1 paper sign?
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but the BU Starbucks is probably run by scrub BU students who can't be bothered to put up extra signs on specified days.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was. Speaking of that, I had to buy light bulbs so I went to a hardware store near my apartment on Saturday afternoon.

The store is the size of a Senior House single, and there were THREE employees there, all with tattoos and piercings. 1 girl, 2 guys, ages 19-24 probably.

What in the world did the store need 3 people for? No one was in there, likely I was the only person there all day. The kids were sitting there doing nothing, and I don't think the girl even knew how to use the register. It took a consult to get my light bulbs properly charged to my debit card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: