DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
Clusterfuck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Clusterfuck Reply with quote

8:30 AM: I wake up.
10:30: I arrive at BWI for a 12:45 flight.
12:30: I board my flight.
12:40: A shudder and a bang.
12:45: The captain tells us that the towing device has hit our landing gear, and we will have to return to the gate to have it inspected.
12:50: We return to the gate.
1:00 The captain tells us that procedure dictates that the plane's landing gear be inspected for at least 5 hours. We will have to deplane and get booked on other flights.
1:15: We deplane. Then wait.

It all gets a bit hazy after that... hours and hours of waiting and getting screwed.

They tell us that they will book international connections first. This takes at least an hour.
They tell us that there is a hotline available that will "do exactly what the gate agent does" just over the phone. No one (except for "platinum" members) can get through because "there are too many people on the line."
They tell us that they will book "platinum" members next. This takes another hour.
They tell us that the plane will now depart at 6:30. Everyone with connections should book another flight.
They tell us that the plane is damaged and will have to be repaired. The 6:30 flight is canceled. Everyone will have to book another flight

I'm given a flight at 6:15. I'm told it's with another carrier, so I'll have to check in again. And get my bags.

I find my bags sitting in the baggage claim area.

I go through security again. This time "my carrier has randomly selected me for screening," so I get to stand in a transparent box for half an hour while the pat-down guy screams at his female co-workers for a "female assist."

4:30: I arrive at my new gate. It's one gate down from my old one.

5:30: Flight canceled. Our plane never arrived. Bad weather in New York.

6:00 I receive a new flight tomorrow at 6:00AM.

6:15 I wait for my luggage to be taken off another canceled flight. They stop unloading ours after about five minutes to unload some flight that had just come in.

6:45: I receive my luggage.

7:30: I leave the airport.

8:00 I arrive at the same place I'd left this morning.

Projected 3:00AM: I wake up tomorrow morning.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch.

Here's a cookie:

Godspeed, Kallie.
xavid is surprised at continuity.
≠√3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister's had 3 of the last 2 flights she's been on get canceled, and twice had to fly out a day later. Not quite the web of lies and deceit you're dealing with, but the airline industry really needs to
Man up to Flavor
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why you thought you could have an eventless flight within ten days of Christmas.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lizakova wrote:
I don't see why you thought you could have an eventless flight within ten days of Christmas.

I had two. Or, all of them, if you include all of the flights I've had every year for the last 8 or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: