DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
People are idiots

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: People are idiots Reply with quote

So I'm sitting with my door open, when some this girl walks through from the direction of the housemasters' suite, carrying leftover food to take to desk. Like everyone else who encounters this situation she is for some reason I can't fathom not sure which door will take her out of DOOMCom and to desk. She turns to me and asks, "Which door is the exit?" I promptly respond, "The one with the exit sign above it." She thanks me, then proceeds to walk through the door to the Russian kid's room (which to the best of my knowledge does not in fact have an exit sign above it).

Perhaps next time I should just say, "It's not the one you think it is." Or maybe just mutter something incoherent. If she wasn't going to pause to look for the exit sign, why did she ask me? Why?

On another note, I wonder if I can get UROP funding to do a study where I send people into DOOMCom from the direction of the housemasters' suite and then record how many of them try to walk into the Russian kid's room instead of out the actual exit.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: People are idiots Reply with quote

lizakova wrote:
On another note, I wonder if I can get UROP funding to do a study where I send people into DOOMCom from the direction of the housemasters' suite and then record how many of them try to walk into the Russian kid's room instead of out the actual exit.

Media. Lab.
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: People are idiots Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
lizakova wrote:

Media. Lab.

That would make the study somewhat ironic, considering that the people who can't ever seem to find the exit sign are almost certainly Media Lab scrubs.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: People are idiots Reply with quote

lizakova wrote:
That would make the study somewhat ironic, considering that the people who can't ever seem to find the exit sign are almost certainly Media Lab scrubs.

Maybe you can speak the the fleeing Jenkins about it.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: People are idiots Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
lizakova wrote:

Media. Lab.

Or Course 9. They do a lot of work with rats in mazes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: