is 2017
is 2017

fnord
Bicycles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Bicycles Reply with quote

So...got a flat tire on my bike on the way in to work today. Fuck that thing.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycles Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
So...got a flat tire on my bike on the way in to work today. Fuck that thing.

Bicycle shop?
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycles Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
Bicycle shop?

Probably. But the problem is, I'll be going to some hippie bullshit bicycle shop (the one across from Random or whatever) and I'm pretty sure they're going to look down on my piece-of-garbage Target bike. I am definitely not looking forward to that at all.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycles Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
kallie wrote:
Bicycle shop?

But the problem is, I'll be going to some hippie bullshit bicycle shop (the one across from Random or whatever) and I'm pretty sure they're going to look down on my piece-of-garbage Target bike.

That.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycles Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
Probably. But the problem is, I'll be going to some hippie bullshit bicycle shop (the one across from Random or whatever) and I'm pretty sure they're going to look down on my piece-of-garbage Target bike. I am definitely not looking forward to that at all.

Hmm, that really is a bit of a pickle.

Just walk into the shop with a gun. That'll shut those bitches up but good.

**EDIT**

Also...

kallie wrote:
That.

It's... not quite there, yet.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycles Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
kallie wrote:
That.

Yeah I was going to say something but didn't. She's closer this time.

I dropped my bike off. The interaction was at least as awkward as I imagined it would be. We'll see how the pick-up goes.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you go to pick it up, walk in, punch the first customer you see in the face, then ask for your bike.
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
When you go to pick it up, walk in, punch the first customer you see in the face, then ask for your bike.

Not sure if I've related this story before, but...

Once upon a time, a friend of a friend worked at HCA Healthcare. A man approached him in the hallways. The man asked the friend's friend, "Do you work for HCA?" The friend's friend answered in the affirmative.

The man punched him in the face and walked out of the building.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/3150319/Richard-Fuld-punched-in-face-in-Lehman-Brothers-gym.html
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycles Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
jaster wrote:
kallie wrote:
That.

Yeah I was going to say something but didn't. She's closer this time.

I dropped my bike off. The interaction was at least as awkward as I imagined it would be. We'll see how the pick-up goes.

Look, just because I will be turning in a paper next week implying that I'm an expert in DOOMSpeak doesn't mean I actually know anything about the language. Just like all linguistics experts.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so that went even worse that I could possibly have imagined.

They said it would be ready in ten minutes when I dropped it off, but I said I would be back in two hours. I come back, and of course they haven't even started.

Then the guy comes up to me and says "well, it has some sort of weird Walmart tube with a long Schraeder valve. We don't have those, so we'll have to replace it with a tube that has a Preston valve. Do you know what I'm talking about?"

Fuck you.

Then, he and another employee spend five minutes looking at their selection of tubes to pick out one that will fit the bike. They have about six kinds of tubes, and there's only one that is the right circumference for the bike...don't know what this was about. They did make fun of the quality of my bike some more, though.

Finally, it's done, and he brings it to me. He then says, "you do know your brake pads are worn down and need to be replaced, right?"

No, how would I know that.

I asked him how long they would last, and he said "you'll start to notice it in a month."

Again, if I didn't notice it now, how would I notice it then. I don't even know what the "it" is that I'm supposed to notice.

The store is staffed by four 100 lb. metrosexual males wearing long sleeve shirts under skin tight T-shirts and one woman with short spiky black hair wearing a punk rock T shirt.

Fuck Cambridge. Fuck bikes. And now I'm going to have to go back TWICE to drop off and pick the bike up if and when I get the brake pads replaced. I hate that store so much. Apparently if you don't spend $1600+ on a bike you are garbage.
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$10 says you won't notice the pads go.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
Okay, so that went even worse that I could possibly have imagined.

They said it would be ready in ten minutes when I dropped it off, but I said I would be back in two hours. I come back, and of course they haven't even started.

Then the guy comes up to me and says "well, it has some sort of weird Walmart tube with a long Schraeder valve. We don't have those, so we'll have to replace it with a tube that has a Preston valve. Do you know what I'm talking about?"

Fuck you.

Then, he and another employee spend five minutes looking at their selection of tubes to pick out one that will fit the bike. They have about six kinds of tubes, and there's only one that is the right circumference for the bike...don't know what this was about. They did make fun of the quality of my bike some more, though.

Finally, it's done, and he brings it to me. He then says, "you do know your brake pads are worn down and need to be replaced, right?"

No, how would I know that.

I asked him how long they would last, and he said "you'll start to notice it in a month."

Again, if I didn't notice it now, how would I notice it then. I don't even know what the "it" is that I'm supposed to notice.

The store is staffed by four 100 lb. metrosexual males wearing long sleeve shirts under skin tight T-shirts and one woman with short spiky black hair wearing a punk rock T shirt.

Fuck Cambridge. Fuck bikes. And now I'm going to have to go back TWICE to drop off and pick the bike up if and when I get the brake pads replaced. I hate that store so much. Apparently if you don't spend $1600+ on a bike you are garbage.

Hilariously predicable.
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycles Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
That.

Does Kallie have some kind of aversion to typing?
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. It's funny that they called it "some wal-mart tube" since you got it at Target. Elitist bicycle bastards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: