is 2017

fnord
Wrath
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a cut scene in Dragonblight when you complete a questline for Bolvar Fordragon. And it is amazing.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the King of Stormwind is a fucking asskicker.
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Hordeside right now... not even level 71, and Saurfang already showed up to slay an army in a quest I was on.

I hate that guy.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit 76 last night. The expansion seems pretty solid so far. I hate having to find quest items in my bags that are full of new shit with icons I don't recognize, though.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
Hit 76 last night. The expansion seems pretty solid so far. I hate having to find quest items in my bags that are full of new shit with icons I don't recognize, though.

It is fucking solid, yeah.

My main problem is accepting that Fire just isn't a good spec anymore when compared to the powerhouses of Arcane and Frost.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The balance in so called "Players versus Environment" seems to have been tipped far towards players and away from environment. I fucking destroy mobs now, whereas leveling in BC I would usually be tabbed out checking on the next quest while wanding and letting dots tick.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
The balance in so called "Players versus Environment" seems to have been tipped far towards players and away from environment. I fucking destroy mobs now, whereas leveling in BC I would usually be tabbed out checking on the next quest while wanding and letting dots tick.

I died with fire spec on one of the first quests against level 68 mobs. Part of that is because I haven't maged in several months, but still. I destroy level 68s about as hard as I destroyed level 70 mobs in TBC.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom...

Have you tried one of those Death Knight fellows?

They have almost zero downtime, much like the Hunter/Feral Druid. If you spec blood, apparently you have none... I'm still 56 with mine, so I can't say much either way. Mechanics are a lot more complex than your standard "spam 2 until the mob falls over".

Granted, a lot more complex doesn't mean a whole lot.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not tried one. I'm not sure what my priorities will be after I hit 80 on my priest. I'd certainly like to do every heroic and some 10/25 man stuff. I don't know how long it will be until I start leveling other characters.

There are about 4 or 5 Paradox people switching to Death Knights, and they are all leveling Blood...and are like 76 or 77 now. Apparently it's pretty good. I read the mechanics a long time ago and it seems pretty complicated with all the rune juggling.

I assume it'll be something like Raiding > Heroics > Raccoon (my druid) > Death Knight. Too bad I can't name the DK Kerek. I'll have to figure out a name that sounds like that or something. Kerrick? We'll see. All the paladins switched to DK save 1.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost afraid of how complex they will be at later levels. Okay, not really afraid, but you know what I mean.

So you've got to manage ability cooldowns and your rage-alike, except the rage doesn't increase except if you use abilities. Autoattack and getting hit don't do anything. And you have the six runes, two each of Blood, Frost, and Unholy, each of which has a separate cooldown. Your abilities can use from 0 to 3 of those runes (I think there are some that cost 3, at least. I know there are some that cost 2) Also, some of your abilities can turn one of your runes into a Death rune for a cycle which, as far as I can tell so far, can stand in for any other rune once its cooldown is up. It sounds awesome to me when I read it, but I imagine playing it is going to be rough and make me glad I'm a reasonably sharp fellow.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the next expansion to be about this Uldum/Uldaman/crazy rock guy stuff. I think that's my favorite lore thing I've seen in all of WoW.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
I want the next expansion to be about this Uldum/Uldaman/crazy rock guy stuff. I think that's my favorite lore thing I've seen in all of WoW.

They've sorta been interweaving it throughout, which is kinda nifty. I guess. I keep hearing a bit about that lore and the gnomes and viking guys and etc. etc. Looking forward to seeing some of it myself.

Started leveling my 65 hunter again to get there, that fire mage just wasn't jiving with me anymore. Hunters are just too good at that solo leveling game.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Blizz adds a 10th Coldain Ring war, then maybe I'll play this game.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clicky DS saves lives.

I really wish WoW would add clickies.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBoots, imo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Gaming All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: