DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
Anime
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not. Is it any good?

That series had some questionable moments, I'm still surprised at how much I like it.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently there's a second Full Metal Alchemist series on right now. First six episodes are on Hulu, it comes over two weeks after it airs in Japan.

It appears to be a reboot of the series. Only watched the first episode so far so I'm having a hard time telling HOW different it is.
hankr is 100% sold to a law firm for the low starting price of $160k/year, his soul, and his free time
annex ghost

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's based directly off the manga, so there's no filler and all the anime-speciic characters (like Dante) will be gone. If you keep watching, you'll notice that it's moving far faster than the original FMA was. (For example, the events in FMA: Brotherhood Episode 9, occur in the original FMA on Episode 19)

Also, if you go funimation.com, they have episodes up 4 days after they air in Japan, though the video page doesn't seem to be working right now.

Also, watch Monster. It may be long (74 episodes) but it's by far the best thing I've seen.

I would even dare to say it's The Wire of anime.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on Episode three of FMA: Brotherhood. While it pains me to know there is no Dante involved, it's been okay so far. I hated the original in the early episodes before the plot got underway due to the overabundance of stupid anime jokes and art and I would probably hate this one, too, if I wasn't sure it was going to get much better. But yeah, it is moving faster. Looks like I get to see ugly littlegirl/dog in Episode 4.

Is there anywhere I can see this Monster thing legally and for free?
hankr is 100% sold to a law firm for the low starting price of $160k/year, his soul, and his free time
annex ghost

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.animecrunch.com/episodes/monster/page/3/

There might be a few better sites out there than this, but this was the first one I came upon.
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, those new FMA episodes are pretty solid, but I think I really prefer to original series, anime jokes and all.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what I thought you would say as soon as I saw the words "anime jokes."
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
That's exactly what I thought you would say as soon as I saw the words "anime jokes."

To be fair, the new series keeps the one joke I actually found annoying, which is that the the older brother is shorter than the younger one. And they overdo it just like the original.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't hate jokey anime more. I think Last Exile is the only thing I've seen (and I haven't seen much) and liked, simply because it lacks (or at least I think it does) anime jokes.

Maybe I just didn't notice them, because I don't exactly know what they are, specifically. I just have an idea of what they could be, and it sickens me.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember one scene from Last Exile, when they are racing their flyingmajigs. They call some man/woman fat or something, and she gets angry and turns into a manga bear, I believe.

That's the kind of crap I can't stand.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got through the first 16 manga volumes of this beast, and I have to say it is one of the most, if not the most solid piece of Japanese-made entertainment I've yet to come across. This new anime should be pretty intense once it gets going.

Also, apparently one of the scenes in the manga was changed for the English language version to avoid references to Christianity:

From to
xavid is surprised at continuity.
≠√3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you know, if there's one thing that Americans hate, it's Christianity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: