DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017
 

fnord
Codex Seraphinianus
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Codex Seraphinianus Reply with quote

So someone from the interlibrary loan brought this gem to our attention in Document Services: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Seraphinianus



It's written in a language some crazy Italian made up and the illustrations are so bizarre they cause you to rethink your entire life.

It's $550 on Amazon, and I kind of want to buy it.



Last edited by mchicken on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it, Jesus would approve.
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xavid is surprised at continuity.
≠√3


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 462

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say mural?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOOMCommune, in my opinion:



Someone major in Architecture and rainbows, and get that shit designed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I fear that all makes perfect sense to me...
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1637

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read about that shit.

Wooo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
I've read about that shit.

Wooo.


...of course you have, look at you.
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
estick is Eraser-mad.
Very Jewish


Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Posts: 194

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
lugo wrote:
I've read about that shit.

Wooo.


...of course you have, look at you.


Did you try that lotion I gave you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estick wrote:
Did you try that lotion I gave you?


...what?
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else feel that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand what just happened.
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Weird: So gentlemen, did you try out that foot lotion I gave you? The one with the gorilla on the front? You know, that--
Steve: What do you think?! (his legs are replaced with a giant gorilla foot)
Dr. Weird: ...YOU DID!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the MIT libraries approved the request to purchase this book in less than 24 hours. Apparently the humanities collection development person likes it, too. And also it seems that the Italian publisher sells it for $140...

I'm so getting it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1350

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
So the MIT libraries approved the request to purchase this book in less than 24 hours. Apparently the humanities collection development person likes it, too. And also it seems that the Italian publisher sells it for $140...

I'm so getting it.


No part of that post is not awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in there... I need to know about how two people sex into an alligator.
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Charcoal2 Theme © Zarron Media