DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017
 

fnord
Zinc
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1351

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Zinc Reply with quote

They make it taste like candy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...has to be done:

I have no idea what you're talking about… so here's REHughes next to a dino
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, man, they taste like candy!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hankr is 100% sold to a law firm for the low starting price of $160k/year, his soul, and his free time
annex ghost


Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Posts: 574

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Zinc Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
They make it taste like candy!


Are we going to lose Kallie to Zinc poisoning?

That's almost up there with that girl getting scurvy from eating nothing but Ramen last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1351

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Zinc Reply with quote

hankr wrote:
kallie wrote:
They make it taste like candy!


Are we going to lose Kallie to Zinc poisoning?


This one knows what he's talking about.

Seriously, I thought zinc lozenges were cough drops... and that you could pop them like candy.

Apparently, unrestrained, that leads to liver damage and kidney failure. I guess it's good I stopped at 7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Zinc Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
I guess it's good I stopped at 7.



_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1303

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Zinc Reply with quote

hankr wrote:
That's almost up there with that girl getting scurvy from eating nothing but Ramen last year.


You do realize that's an urban myth they tell freshmen every year?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Zinc Reply with quote

lizakova wrote:
hankr wrote:
That's almost up there with that girl getting scurvy from eating nothing but Ramen last year.


You do realize that's an urban myth they tell freshmen every year?


Didn't someone (from ESP? some class?) lie and say they worked for or knew someone who worked for Medical and that the story was 'true'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1303

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Zinc Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
lizakova wrote:
hankr wrote:
That's almost up there with that girl getting scurvy from eating nothing but Ramen last year.


You do realize that's an urban myth they tell freshmen every year?


Didn't someone (from ESP? some class?) lie and say they worked for or knew someone who worked for Medical and that the story was 'true'?


There's an EMT who claims to have gone through the records at Medical and found it to be true. I rather doubt that, because of the whole patient confidentiality thing.

The freshman advisor I'm working with told the story to our seminar, and I believe him a bit more. If it did happen, it would have been in the late 80s - early 90s time frame. The most popular version of the story says it was a guy living on 5th East. Other versions have his teeth falling out before he actually went to Medical. Take that for what you will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
estick is Eraser-mad.
Very Jewish


Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Posts: 194

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:


/signed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hankr is 100% sold to a law firm for the low starting price of $160k/year, his soul, and his free time
annex ghost


Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Posts: 574

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the one I'm talking about is actually a girl in 233, whom I've met. And stolen her pumpkin, but that has nothing to do with anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hankr wrote:
So the one I'm talking about is actually a girl in 233, whom I've met. And stolen her pumpkin, but that has nothing to do with anything.


I doubt that has nothing to do with anything.

Wasn't there an email complaining about a pumpkin earlier this year?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
Wasn't there an email complaining about a pumpkin earlier this year?


...there really was...

...first Kallie with the milk...

...now Hank with a pumpkin...

...den of thieves?
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1303

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
mchicken wrote:
Wasn't there an email complaining about a pumpkin earlier this year?


...there really was...

...first Kallie with the milk...

...now Hank with a pumpkin...

...den of thieves?


The DOOMCom I knew had a sense of morality and ethics. How low we have fallen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Charcoal2 Theme © Zarron Media