DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017
 

fnord
Conflict of interests
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1303

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Conflict of interests Reply with quote

http://www.americablog.com/2009/08/whole-foods-comes-out-against-health.html

I have two questions regarding this: 1) why is the CEO of a grocery store writing opinion articles for the Wall Street Journal and 2) what are Obama-loving hippies to do with themselves now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
awerbos
Mendicant


Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Conflict of interests Reply with quote

lizakova wrote:
1) why is the CEO of a grocery store writing opinion articles for the Wall Street Journa


Because he's a CEO. They're all the same skillset, industry doesn't matter. It's an upper-management issue, and upper management is commenting.

lizakova wrote:
2) what are Obama-loving hippies to do with themselves now?


One can only hope for suicide. But CSAs are more likely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1303

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly DOOMCom should take this opportunity to open its own grocery store chain to fill the void. We can call it the We Love Obama AND Sell Organic Food Store.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1635

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Conflict of interests Reply with quote

lizakova wrote:
2) what are Obama-loving hippies to do with themselves now?


I shop at Sweetbay.
_________________
' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Conflict of interests Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
I shop at Sweetbay.


What you say?
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1635

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my friends who is the biggest hippy in the world is apparently an Obama-hater. First thing I saw this morning when I checked my email and facebook before work was a picture from her page with Obama and a hitler mustache.

And she eats only organic foods.


_________________
' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'.


Last edited by lugo on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
One of my friends who is the biggest hippy in the world is apparently an Obama-hater. First thing I saw this morning when I checked my email and facebook before work was a picture from her page with Obama and a hitler mustache.

And she eats only organic foods.


Deport her, imo.
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1303

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
lugo wrote:
One of my friends who is the biggest hippy in the world is apparently an Obama-hater. First thing I saw this morning when I checked my email and facebook before work was a picture from her page with Obama and a hitler mustache.

And she eats only organic foods.


Deport her, imo.


For hating Obama or for only eating organic food?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lizakova wrote:
For hating Obama or for only eating organic food?


I was already going to say that, treason aside, the organic food thing should be the reason for the deportation.

Also...only organic food? Does that mean she's some sort of hideous vegan monstrosity? Terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1635

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was until her doctor told her that her lifestyle was killing her, now she will eat organic free range pure blah blah blah chicken breast and mahi mahi, but only once a week.
_________________
' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
She was until her doctor told her that her lifestyle was killing her, now she will eat organic free range pure blah blah blah chicken breast and mahi mahi, but only once a week.


Hilarious, typical, and absurd, all at once.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
awerbos
Mendicant


Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised she's not just a "pescetarian".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1635

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also! She doesn't go to the doctor because they want to prescribe medicine for her since she has around ten seizures a day. Apparently they are just trying to waste her money on unnecessary pills that will make the problem worse or something. I don't know.

She contacted me three separate times yesterday to ask for a ride somewhere because she kept forgetting about it.

In conclusion: Being a vegan hippy republican will murder you through cognitive dissonance.
_________________
' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And cause you to have seizures?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
epb
Mendicant


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 451

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
One of my friends who is the biggest hippy in the world is apparently an Obama-hater. First thing I saw this morning when I checked my email and facebook before work was a picture from her page with Obama and a hitler mustache.

And she eats only organic foods.


Sounds like my sister. She doesn't think he's progressive enough.

Maybe she's right, but seriously, the guy can only do so much given the current political/economic/social climate. Especially if he wants another term where he can be super progressive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Charcoal2 Theme © Zarron Media