DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017
 

fnord
This is why we can't have nice things
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
What a pretentious black-and-white excuse for a movie.


Except the movie is fantastic, the director is fantastic, and you probably still need to see Requiem for a Dream. Although it doesn't fit your fancy-free scheme. It's pretty dark.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
And I want to see a collage of hugs.


Then google it. Everything you could ever want is already on the internet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
Except the movie is fantastic, the director is fantastic, and you probably still need to see Requiem for a Dream. Although it doesn't fit your fancy-free scheme. It's pretty dark.


My ex-girlfriend was all over that movie and I gotta say... I just didn't think that it was so good.
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kallie is not selling out nearly enough, apparently.
Lifthrasir


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1349

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
kallie wrote:
And I want to see a collage of hugs.


Then google it. Everything you could ever want is already on the internet.




Not really what I was going for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
My ex-girlfriend was all over that movie and I gotta say... I just didn't think that it was so good.


Even if you don't like the result, it's certainly well-directed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
.




Too soon?
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
mchicken wrote:
kallie wrote:
And I want to see a collage of hugs.


Then google it. Everything you could ever want is already on the internet.




Not really what I was going for.


You do realize that just google image searching for "hug" results in what could be described as a hug collage on every single results page, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
kallie wrote:
.




Too soon?


She did say she was a tomboy and wore shoulderpads...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kallie is not selling out nearly enough, apparently.
Lifthrasir


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1349

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
jaster wrote:
My ex-girlfriend was all over that movie and I gotta say... I just didn't think that it was so good.


Even if you don't like the result, it's certainly well-directed.


Did you ever see The Fountain?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
mchicken wrote:
jaster wrote:
My ex-girlfriend was all over that movie and I gotta say... I just didn't think that it was so good.


Even if you don't like the result, it's certainly well-directed.


Did you ever see The Fountain?


I have not. But I want to because I drink the Aronofsky Kool-aid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
You do realize that just google image searching for "hug" results in what could be described as a hug collage on every single results page, right?


Kallie's come up if you google "collage of hugs."
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 3835

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
mchicken wrote:
You do realize that just google image searching for "hug" results in what could be described as a hug collage on every single results page, right?


Kallie's come up if you google "collage of hugs."


Yeah I know. Just pointing out that she's being too restrictive.


Last edited by mchicken on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
awerbos
Mendicant


Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
I think that you have an overly charitable view of ordinary language. Example


I'm really not seeing how that disagrees with what I said; the agreement on common meaning is what defines language.

jaster wrote:
Things have gotten catty on the forums is times past. It was this or a collage of hugs.


The hugs would've been fine. Great, even.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kallie is not selling out nearly enough, apparently.
Lifthrasir


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1349

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
She did say she was a tomboy and wore shoulderpads...


Too soon.

But that is a pretty hot picture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awerbos wrote:
I'm really not seeing how that disagrees with what I said; the agreement on common meaning is what defines language.


It was just a quick response to the implication not non-religious language is so much clearer. My only point that 'agreement on common meaning' is a tough thing to come by, and tougher (maybe impossible) to recognize.
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Charcoal2 Theme © Zarron Media