DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
30 Days of Night

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: 30 Days of Night Reply with quote

My review of the flick:

Moderately entertaining, but a huge letdown considering its potential. Sam Raimi is the man after all, and vampires are incredibly awesome. Too bad he made them into zombies who conversed by making raptor noises. Plus, only the head vampire seemed allowed to speak. I'm not sure what was going on with that... I almost think it is more of a lame attempt at synechdoche (Is there a more appropriate word here when not discussing something literary?) than anythgin, but he could really just have been trying to equate the vampires to unintelligent zombies.

Basically, my complaint is it was an average movie at best and it went too far with the vampires. Instead of providing an interesting spin on a classic monster, he just fucked it up and created something wholly unrecognizable and tried to shove it back into a vampire shaped package.

Note: I understand this was based on a comic, but having never read the comic I'm not sure which ideas are from it and which are from Sam. I am pretty positive that one scene is a direct Raimi nod to Army of Darkness, but that's about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: