DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
Fuck you.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Fuck you. Reply with quote

Someone talks about the flu and encourages people to take echinacea to create more white blood cells.

I mention the cytokine storm and link to the wikipedia entry on it so people can read about it.

This person responds and says, in a nutshell, "You mentioned wikipedia, therefore everything you said is a lie because wikipedia is full of lies."

I am tired of people escalating a casual disagreement in this manner and attacking me for being better informed then them. Yes, I have been to wikipedia; and yes, I think it has good, concise information if you just want the gist of a topic. Read the cites if you disagree with it or do further research.

But seriously, to anyone who thinks "You read it on wikipedia" is a checkmate: Fuck you.

Also, klingon women have penises.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully I only deal with Harvard students and the like, so Wikipedia is a checkmate in the other direction, in that if it is said on Wikipedia, it is true and no one can disagree.

Are these people your age or older people who don't quite know how to use computers and watch local news?
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
Thankfully I only deal with Harvard students and the like, so Wikipedia is a checkmate in the other direction, in that if it is said on Wikipedia, it is true and no one can disagree.

Are these people your age or older people who don't quite know how to use computers and watch local news?

The first time was actually my girlfriend, the second time was someone who was older and might only watch the local news. I would assume she was reasonably computer savvy, but she is apparently seriously protective of her healer status.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what those last few words mean, and does that mean your current girlfriend (as in today) or your then-girlfriend (as in on that day but not this day)?

We need that timeline, and we need it updated.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean my current girlfriend who is older than me, but only by a couple years.

This woman grows and sells herbs for herbal remedies. She was talking about using herbs to increase your immune system in a discussion about the swine flu. I just like saying "cytokine storm". I imagine when I brought it up she felt threatened because I was disagreeing with her and she is the ultradruid master healer or some bullshit.

I'll get to work on a timeline.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
I mean my current girlfriend who is older than me, but only by a couple years.

This woman grows and sells herbs for herbal remedies. She was talking about using herbs to increase your immune system in a discussion about the swine flu. I just like saying "cytokine storm". I imagine when I brought it up she felt threatened because I was disagreeing with her and she is the ultradruid master healer or some bullshit.

I'll get to work on a timeline.

Does she know anything about biology? Just because something is on wikipedia doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Also, cytokine storms are awesome. And suck for those of us with very healthy immune systems.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but the whole conversation is getting confusing now. I hate the internet.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you're talking about… so here's REHughes next to a dino
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: