DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
For the ten thousandth time...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: For the ten thousandth time... Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/10/peta.pet.shop.boys/index.html

Fuck. You. PETA.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are they so stupid? Don't they know it's counterproductive to their cause? I can see why people who actually care about these issues tend to bypass PETA and blow shit up...
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In related news, a rather dejected and forlorn Greenpeace canvasser addressed me in Central Square, asking (and motioning) "Can I get a high five?"

Now I know I was wearing Birkenstocks and a long flowing skirt, my hair floating free around me, and that I was beaming at how the beautiful day had made the city slightly more bearable... but I'm not a fucking Greenpeace-supporting hippie.

I can see how he might have been confused, but it was awkward for all parties involved. I had to smile politely, shake my head, and say "No."
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, one day I'm walking between the big dome and the student center, and I see some hippie environmentalists trying to collect money on both sides of Mass. Ave. Now, I understand that it is a high traffic area and that is why they are there... but God-damn I hate that shit.

Anyways, for reasons that I don't completely understand, the hippies are always the most pushy and judgmental of the bunch. It was a warm day and the place was packed with people on either side of the street (the light was, of course, green) as I approached.

Before I recognized my own peril, he had made eye contact with me (the kiss of death) and was about to make his pitch. Just as he was beginning to open his mouth, I raised my hand palm outward, tipped my head like so, and said, "No, thank you."

Then he got indignant. As I took two steps by him to wait for the light, I hear, "What? Don't got time for the environment?" The thing you have to understand that, at this point, I thought that I had been rather polite and further I don't like what he was doing; so when he said this I was incensed. As he said it the light turned red and people started walking across the street. I turned and said, a lot louder than I had intended given the large number of people around, "Fuck you."

Then I walked across the street and continued on my way.
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're my hero.
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
So, one day I'm walking between the big dome and the student center, and I see some hippie environmentalists trying to collect money on both sides of Mass. Ave. Now, I understand that it is a high traffic area and that is why they are there... but God-damn I hate that shit.

Anyways, for reasons that I don't completely understand, the hippies are always the most pushy and judgmental of the bunch. It was a warm day and the place was packed with people on either side of the street (the light was, of course, green) as I approached.

Before I recognized my own peril, he had made eye contact with me (the kiss of death) and was about to make his pitch. Just as he was beginning to open his mouth, I raised my hand palm outward, tipped my head like so, and said, "No, thank you."

Then he got indignant. As I took two steps by him to wait for the light, I hear, "What? Don't got time for the environment?" The thing you have to understand that, at this point, I thought that I had been rather polite and further I don't like what he was doing; so when he said this I was incensed. As he said it the light turned red and people started walking across the street. I turned and said, a lot louder than I had intended given the large number of people around, "Fuck you."

Then I walked across the street and continued on my way.

You better be careful... remember 'The Happening'?

This could be you:
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

People: 1 Environment: 0
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/animal-rights-protests-reach-warcraft-s-world/1302256

Har.

Edit: Aaaaand the results:
http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/04/13/peta-event-seals-got-clubbed-pigs-got-eaten/
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/04/13/peta-event-seals-got-clubbed-pigs-got-eaten/

This got an actual lol.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still doesn't top the epic Winterspring wedding crash of '05 but that's pretty good.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can't really top that because this wasn't a case of people being dicks, it was a case of PETA being put in its place. (Even if they did win through getting exposure)

I really have to wonder what's with all these publicity stunts recently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: