DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
Senior House

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Senior House Reply with quote

Quote:
so sari and i have discovered that you can use those chalk holders that professors use (eg, http://ibuyofficesupply.com/Products/Plastic-Chalk-Holder--Blue__LEO74590.aspx) to make really awesome menstrual markers.

if you shove a used tampon in it, you can make a marker of your own female juices!

we?re trying to finish the 2nd hnc sport death mural with these markers so if you're on your period right now, we?d really appreciate some blood. you know, to make the mural have something of the people of the haus.

-paula

I can't even begin to describe how horrible that entire email is.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Utterly repulsive, but par for the course.
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you "discover" something like that?

I can't even begin to imagine how unhygienic that mural will be.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the apocalypse's left on the bathroom floor, in the toilet, etc., this really is just par for the course.
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the more horrifying things I have read this week.
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... are they actually doing that, or just trying to be provocative?

I dunno... when people think they're doing something significant and meaningful by making art involving menstrual blood... I just don't really see it. It never seems to be more than a provocation. Maybe something about womanhood or whatever, but we could also celebrate our human/animal-hood by drawing with shit or regular blood (heh.. which people also do, I'm sure). The menstrual blood thing shouldn't really be more or less gross than either of those (right?), but I suppose its discussion is more taboo, which makes it all the more appealing so a certain kind of artist, or an artist with certain kinds of goals.

At the very least, yeah, it seems pretty damn unhygienic: "Hi stranger, can I paint with your blood?!"

Also, yuck.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epb wrote:

I dunno... when people think they're doing something significant and meaningful by making art involving menstrual blood... I just don't really see it. It never seems to be more than a provocation. Maybe something about womanhood or whatever, but we could also celebrate our human/animal-hood by drawing with shit or regular blood (heh.. which people also do, I'm sure). The menstrual blood thing shouldn't really be more or less gross than either of those (right?), but I suppose its discussion is more taboo, which makes it all the more appealing so a certain kind of artist, or an artist with certain kinds of goals.

At the very least, yeah, it seems pretty damn unhygienic: "Hi stranger, can I paint with your blood?!"

Also, yuck.

A lot of female Wiccans are really big on using menstrual blood in rituals.

:(
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
epb wrote:

Also, yuck.

A lot of female Wiccans are really big on using menstrual blood in rituals.

:(

What's their rationale?
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epb wrote:
What's their rationale?

Vaginas are magic > Things that come from vaginas must therefore be magic > If I put something that comes from my vagina on something that I want to be magic, it will then be magic. (I don't necessarily disagree) Some people use it to charge their talismans. It also doubles as a magical identifier. If you want talisman to work on you, some people suggest you put your name, birthdate, Sun/Moon/Rising zodiac, etc, on it so that it refers uniquely to you. Same sorta thing where you'd need a lock of a person's hair for a voodoo doll.

Except, you know, menstrual blood instead of a name or some hair. Yum.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
(I don't necessarily disagree)

Hm?
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
lugo wrote:
(I don't necessarily disagree)

Hm?

I'm not sure anyone who reads these forums really cares to read about me discussing magical theory/pagan religion here, but I obviously like talking about it so I will field this question.

Strictly speaking, as a Wiccan I do think vaginas are magic. So is my penis, though. Gotta love Wicca. (I taught a class a few weeks back on the role of gender in Wiccan magick and how best to use it, which was fun.)

I think menstrual blood is about as powerful as any other blood, just with a different kind of energy. I don't think that it is specifically magic BECAUSE it comes from a vagina, though I don't think it makes it less magic.

I do think you can use it to charge a talisman.

That said, there's more than one way to charge a talisman (Or skin a cat) and almost all of them are less gross then that... it'd be a pretty powerful correspondence if you were working something specifically related to being a woman or bleeding out of your genitals or fertility, I guess. But really, it's gross and please don't do that. Ew.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Griffin wrote:
Hey, you know what's funny? I always thought that dogs, um, laid eggs. And, I learned something today...

Such an Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I blame it on Kallie.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
Look, I blame it on Kallie.

That seems fair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: