Bicycles
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
$10 says you won't notice the pads go.

No shit. I'll get them changed after the Holidays or something regardless.
hankr is 100% sold to a law firm for the low starting price of $160k/year, his soul, and his free time
annex ghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. I got my bike at that place.

About two weeks afterward, I was riding home from Harvard at about 3am, and I stopped at the red light in front of City Hall at the beginning of Central Square. The light turns green, I take off, but my foot keeps missing the right pedal. So finally, I look down, and my right pedal is simply not there, it's lying in the street back at the stoplight.

I take it to the shop the next day, and the guy's like, "What did you do to this pedal?"

"Nothing. I was riding it and it came off."

"Pedals don't just come off. *suspicious glare*"

"Maybe you guys just sold me a bad bike."

So they hastily fix my bike for free, and then warn me that the pedal is going to come off one again soon.

Fuck those guys. Just go to Back Bay Bikes next time.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hankr wrote:
Fuck those guys. Just go to Back Bay Bikes next time.

That place is far. Stephaneli or whoever that is living next to Liza told me to go to some place on Broadway.

Edit: HA! I was looking at the google map to find that place, and I looked at the reviews for our good friends the dirty metrosexuals at Cambridge Bike:

Quote:
The staff have a terrible attitude -- rude, condescending, and unpleasant. Plus, the shop is small and uncomfortable, their selection is not great, and they're expensive. ...‎

Quote:
I have been a commuter cyclist for 10 years and have lots of experience with bike shops. Cambridge Bicycle is by far the worst. I used it because it was the closest one to me, but the staff are exceptionally rude and their skills with bike repair are terrible.

Quote:
Terrible terrible service. Asked about the difference between inner tube brands and the sales person was short and curt. He told me my best bet would be to replace my tires. I asked to see some bike tires and mentioned that I was unsure about whether to purchase one. He responds with, "Are you sure you want to buy a tire because I don't want to waste my time showing you tires." Incredulous, I responded with, "REally?" His reply, "Yes, there's a whole store of people here. I don't have time to waste. We are busy busy busy."

I had spoken to him for literally one minute, and out of no where he gives me this.

Quote:
I visited Cambridge Bicycle Shop only because it was the nearest to me. The service is bad, employees are rude and workmanship is poor. Prices and labor are ridiculously expensive considering the low quality. Please do not visit unless desperate
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch.
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I love those guys.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predictably hilarious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: