Certain Female Vice Presidential Candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you fucking kidding me?

Quote:
Now others who would want to engage in harming innocent Americans or facilities that it would be unacceptable to, I don’t know if you’re gonna use the word "terrorist" there.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should see Palin's interview with Sean Hannity (a republican MONSTER). It was on Fox News yesterday.

It was basically Hannity jerking off to Palin for half an hour. He lobbed a bunch of softballs and ass-kissing questions, and then they bashed Obama together.

Fair and balanced.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palin:

Quote:
For many parents of children with disabilities, the most valuable thing of all is information. Early identification of a cognitive or other disorder, especially autism, can make a life-changing difference.

Palin claimed that the amount that Congress spends on earmarks "is more than the shortfall to fully fund IDEA." She then ridiculed some of the projects — such as "fruit fly research" — saying they have little or no value:

Where does a lot of that earmark money end up anyway? [...] You’ve heard about some of these pet projects they really don’t make a whole lot of sense and sometimes these dollars go to projects that have little or nothing to do with the public good. Things like fruit fly research in Paris, France. I kid you not.

Science:

Quote:
[S]cientists at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine have shown that a protein called neurexin is required for..nerve cell connections to form and function correctly.

The discovery, made in Drosophila fruit flies may lead to advances in understanding autism spectrum disorders, as recently, human neurexins have been identified as a genetic risk factor for autism.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
Palin:

Quote:
For many parents of children with disabilities, the most valuable thing of all is information. Early identification of a cognitive or other disorder, especially autism, can make a life-changing difference.

Palin claimed that the amount that Congress spends on earmarks "is more than the shortfall to fully fund IDEA." She then ridiculed some of the projects — such as "fruit fly research" — saying they have little or no value:

Where does a lot of that earmark money end up anyway? [...] You’ve heard about some of these pet projects they really don’t make a whole lot of sense and sometimes these dollars go to projects that have little or nothing to do with the public good. Things like fruit fly research in Paris, France. I kid you not.

Science:

Quote:
[S]cientists at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine have shown that a protein called neurexin is required for..nerve cell connections to form and function correctly.

The discovery, made in Drosophila fruit flies may lead to advances in understanding autism spectrum disorders, as recently, human neurexins have been identified as a genetic risk factor for autism.

Words Palin doesn't understand in that quote:

protein
neurexin
nerve
nerve cell
nerve cell connections
Drosophila
genetic
genetic risk factor
and ...autism

I hate her SO MUCH.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or scientist, University, School, Medicine, spectrum, and perhaps some others.

"Aw, shucks, that sounds like something Piper would ask me."

Piper.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop with all your "got'cha journalism."
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
mchicken wrote:
Palin:

Quote:

Science:

Quote:

protein
neurexin
nerve
nerve cell
nerve cell connections
Drosophila
genetic
genetic risk factor
and ...autism

I hate her SO MUCH.

Eh.. she probably understands most of it, or at least has had it explained to her (ala "fruit fly science can help people!"), but she needs something to use to appeal to the voting public over what's already in place. So saying that funding goes to playing with flies and the french makes a lot of sense insofar as manipulating the people reading what she says.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting herself up for that 2012 Presidential Run:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/25/palin.tension/index.html

Quote:
A second McCain source says she appears to be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

"She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone," said this McCain adviser. "She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else.

"Also, she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: Divas trust only unto themselves, as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom."

What an ambitious bitch.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epb wrote:
kallie wrote:
mchicken wrote:
Palin:

Quote:

Science:

Quote:

protein
neurexin
nerve
nerve cell
nerve cell connections
Drosophila
genetic
genetic risk factor
and ...autism

I hate her SO MUCH.

Eh.. she probably understands most of it, or at least has had it explained to her (ala "fruit fly science can help people!"), but she needs something to use to appeal to the voting public over what's already in place. So saying that funding goes to playing with flies and the french makes a lot of sense insofar as manipulating the people reading what she says.

No, I actually don't think she understands this stuff. Did you read that article about her blatant anti-intellectualism? She's afraid of smart people and does not use logic to come to decisions. Just because that plays well with a certain portion of her constituency doesn't mean she's advocating in this way for political gain. I can believe McCain is smart enough to do that and many other Washington politicians, but she's just a dumb bitch who got a taste of power and doesn't want to let go.
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kallie wrote:
epb wrote:
kallie wrote:
mchicken wrote:
Palin:

Quote:

Science:

Quote:

protein
neurexin
nerve
nerve cell
nerve cell connections
Drosophila
genetic
genetic risk factor
and ...autism

I hate her SO MUCH.

No, I actually don't think she understands this stuff. Did you read that article about her blatant anti-intellectualism? She's afraid of smart people and does not use logic to come to decisions. Just because that plays well with a certain portion of her constituency doesn't mean she's advocating in this way for political gain. I can believe McCain is smart enough to do that and many other Washington politicians, but she's just a dumb bitch who got a taste of power and doesn't want to let go.

I see what you're saying. I guess I underestimated the extent to which she's acting on her own, and figured it was a line/soundbite her advisors cooked up. And despite that article (I did read it), I can't imagine that she's beyond understanding that fruit fly research can help people if someone explained it to her (but I could be totally off.) What she said does conform to her tendency to overcome lack of understanding with arrogance and loudness etc., though. And now with all this rebellion coming to light, it does seem like it could just be classic Palin behavior.

Also, I was going to say that I think it's damn funny that the things in that article seem to be coming back to haunt the McCain campaign. She screwed over the guy who was responsible for her segue into the political world, and now with all the talk of her being a diva/rebel/rogue it seems like she's pulling it here too. (Hubris?) Interesting stuff.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epb wrote:
kallie wrote:
epb wrote:
kallie wrote:
mchicken wrote:
Palin:

Quote:

Science:

Quote:

protein
neurexin
nerve
nerve cell
nerve cell connections
Drosophila
genetic
genetic risk factor
and ...autism

I hate her SO MUCH.

I see what you're saying. I guess I underestimated the extent to which she's acting on her own, and figured it was a line/soundbite her advisors cooked up. And despite that article (I did read it), I can't imagine that she's beyond understanding that fruit fly research can help people if someone explained it to her (but I could be totally off.) What she said does conform to her tendency to overcome lack of understanding with arrogance and loudness etc., though. And now with all this rebellion coming to light, it does seem like it could just be classic Palin behavior.

Also, I was going to say that I think it's damn funny that the things in that article seem to be coming back to haunt the McCain campaign. She screwed over the guy who was responsible for her segue into the political world, and now with all the talk of her being a diva/rebel/rogue it seems like she's pulling it here too. (Hubris?) Interesting stuff.

Yeah, too bad for McCain. He was a semi-respectable Republican, as far as I respect Republicans, before this campaign and while he was still calling Jerry Falwell an 'agent of intolerance.'

And after reading that article on Palin's rise to fame... I think I can see your point. And that makes her scary. I still think she's dumb as a brick... but at this point it would be wise for we intellectuals to view her as a dangerous threat to our nation and children rather than a laughable airheaded excuse for a politician.

We must fight her and all those who support her.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah Palin wrote:
"If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations," Palin told host Chris Plante, "then I don't know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media."

What? I don't even know where to begin on the many ways that is wrong.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

A Canadian comedy duo called The Masked Avengers from CKOI 96.9 FM in Montreal, Quebec pranked Sarah Palin, convincing her (and her team) they were receiving a call from French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

In the interview, which lasts about six minutes, Palin and the pranksters discuss politics, pundits, and the dangers of hunting with current vice-president Dick Cheney.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iran?
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genius.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: