DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
Fuck the RNC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Fuck the RNC Reply with quote

Fuck that. Watching the news the morning, I remembered why the RNC is so bad for this country. Here's a quick smattering of youtube videos that help to illustrate the point:

Really, Sarah Palin? Really?

Fox News... fail (once again)

Someone who has no idea what she's talking about

Republicans destroying Wes Clarke for calling it like it is.

Some more of that

And here are a few from some people with common sense:

Someone actually goes through what Clarke said

Some random guy with a bit of sense

/sigh RNC /sigh
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
Fuck the RNC

I concur.

I'll add that Stephen Colbert also has some insight wrt Palin's experience. Primarily at ~3:00 in the video.

mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After Palin speech, Obama has record $10 million day

(CNN) – Barack Obama's campaign for president has raised $10 million since Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin spoke Wednesday night, the campaign announced, calling it a "one-day record."

Palin, the governor of Alaska, launched harsh attacks on Obama, accusing him of being two-faced and a political lightweight with no significant legislative accomplishments.

"Coverage of the Palin attacks on the news this evening just pushed us over $10 million," Obama spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in an e-mail to reporters Wednesday night.

The Republican Party announced earlier in the day it had raised $1 million in the wake of Palin's speech
hankr is 100% sold to a law firm for the low starting price of $160k/year, his soul, and his free time
annex ghost

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that could make the RNC funnier would be if it were fake.

Sadly, it's real.

Sigh.

They must screen the crowd or something, the way they ate that shit up.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently everything they say really is just lies.

In his speech, McCain said that Obama's health plan would cripple small businesses...but they're exempt from providing coverage under the plan.

Also he said that Obama supports a corporate welfare bill for oil companies instead of pursuing alternatives...except it's a bill that raises taxes on them by $300 billion dollars over 11 years and provides $6 billion for alternative energy.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Palin knows how to pronounce nuclear... as in nuclear war and nuclear arsenal...

...oh, wait:

mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently MSNBC had to pull Keith Olbermann off the campaign anchoring spot because he's too liberal. I would have preferred it if he'd been pulled off Sunday Night Football because he's too wacky, but such is life.

I don't see why they think he's liberal, just because he says things like this on air:

Quote:
In a special comment on May 14, 2008, Olbermann took Bush to task for announcing that he had stopped playing golf in honor of American soldiers who died in the Iraq war. Stating that Bush never should have started the war in the first place and accusing him of dishonesty and war crimes, Olbermann snapped "It is not, Mr. Bush, about your golf game! And, sir, if you have any hopes that next January 20 will not be celebrated as a day of soul-wrenching, heartfelt thanksgiving, because your faithless stewardship of this presidency will have finally come to a merciful end, this last piece of advice . . . when somebody asks you, sir, about your gallant, noble, self-abnegating sacrifice of your golf game so as to soothe the families of the war dead. This advice, Mr. Bush: Shut the hell up!" Asked by MSNBC senior vice-president Phil Griffin if it was really necessary to tell the President of the United States to "shut the hell up," Olbermann replied that it was, because he couldn't say "fuck" on television.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olbermann is consistently hilarious, and recently has just been going off the wall.

Good times in the news business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Complaints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: