DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
Laptops (attn: Liza)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Laptops (attn: Liza) Reply with quote

Here's the newer (better, faster, stronger, etc.) version of my computer. It looks like they have sales now (for father's day?). Just in case you're still looking.

http://shoplenovo.i2.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/corporateperks/StdAffinityPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=12F0696583E04D86B9B79B0FEC01C087&current-category-id=329576204C9E42289967E79E0E7C9A2D
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 25% discount has been available for well over a month now. They keep changing the deadline every week or two. There's a 10% online coupon as well.

Also that link doesn't work.

X series tablet though, right? We priced one out before she left.
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, can you send me the link to that one with all the correct specs? I want to wait until I get my first paycheck next week to order it though.

Also on the subject of laptops: I have had to call India 4 times this week because the laptop GE gave me:

a) doesn't recognize that it has a battery and thinks it's on AC power even when disconnected from the docking station.

b) didn't have the software to connect to the wireless network.

c) wouldn't let me access my timesheet.

d) insists on going into standby at random intervals.

To date, issues b and c have been resolved. I should call them again to resolve the rest of them, but now when I call they say something on the order of "Didn't you call here yesterday?"
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why they'd ask you that. You have a long list of problems all of which need to be resolved..

And as we learned from Emily's link I don't think that such things can be linked to.

If you sign up for a Lenovo account I can add it to your cart from here, or we can just talk about it on the phone.
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops... yeah; link is broken. I guess the 'session' ends after some amount of time. Didn't realize the sale had been going on...

Anyway, yep it was an X-series tablet.

Also, if it's an option (maybe you said it wasn't?), totally check out the MIT computer store if you haven't already.
https://web.mit.edu/ecat/ecat3/personalorders.html?Submit=Place+Personal+Order
(then pick 'govconnecton')
They sometimes have better prices and availability on the tablets.

Ok, I'll try to stop with the unsolicited advice now.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah all the laptops available via that either include things you don't necessarily want to pay for or are not good enough stats-wise. The 25% off semi-permanent "sale" seems to close any price gap.

For example, direct from Lenovo a semi-high end version is 350 less than govconnection.

It's not that your advice is unsolicited, it's that you gave it a long time ago and I already covered all the bases using it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: