is 2017
is 2017

fnord
SATC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: SATC Reply with quote

Apparently the producers of the new Sex and the City movie have asked reviewers not to reveal any of the plot details to their fan base, so the Time magazine critic has decided to write a synopsis with key phrases turned into anagrams:

Time Magazine wrote:
Carrie and Mr. Big have finally decided to migrate red, but he gets clef toed and is a how son at the my encore. Instead of her oh no money, Carrie spends time at a Mars excretion being consolidates in the company of her patchy times friends, who have their own lob sperm. Miranda has boredom issues with Steve, who is briefly a flu fun hit, provoking her to have lime. Charlotte, who has radiated glop but still hopes to vibe right, finds out that she angers pint. And Samantha gets axe sully distracted by the sight of a lewd lewd eon gent next door. Miranda and Carrie have a gainful lot because one of them told the beau of the other to seal stingy, but the two circle one on a weeny verse. At the end, all the stories are resolved la hippy, as our four femmes go nab a dingo by drinking tampon colossi.

I leave the interpretation up to the reader.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what a tampon colossi is, but that sounds like the most horrific drink in history. Fucking world war II all over again.

Shouldn't you be at this movie?
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchicken wrote:
I don't know what a tampon colossi is, but that sounds like the most horrific drink in history. Fucking world war II all over again.

Shouldn't you be at this movie?

I believe it translates to cosmopolitans, which is the main character's favorite drink. And yes, I should be.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lizakova wrote:
I believe it translates to cosmopolitans, which is the main character's favorite drink. And yes, I should be.

I realize that but the anagram form is horrifying at best.
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: SATC Reply with quote

lizakova wrote:
Apparently the producers of the new Sex and the City movie have asked reviewers not to reveal any of the plot details to their fan base, so the Time magazine critic has decided to write a synopsis with key phrases turned into anagrams:

Time Magazine wrote:
Carrie and Mr. Big have finally decided to migrate red, but he gets clef toed and is a how son at the my encore. Instead of her oh no money, Carrie spends time at a Mars excretion being consolidates in the company of her patchy times friends, who have their own lob sperm. Miranda has boredom issues with Steve, who is briefly a flu fun hit, provoking her to have lime. Charlotte, who has radiated glop but still hopes to vibe right, finds out that she angers pint. And Samantha gets axe sully distracted by the sight of a lewd lewd eon gent next door. Miranda and Carrie have a gainful lot because one of them told the beau of the other to seal stingy, but the two circle one on a weeny verse. At the end, all the stories are resolved la hippy, as our four femmes go nab a dingo by drinking tampon colossi.

I leave the interpretation up to the reader.

Heh. I think there might be some kind of sex-and-the-city brain structure that automatically processes those anagrams upon reading them. Kind of like how you automatically read/understand words when their middle letters have been reordered.

So are you going to see it? I'm actually considering going today... I fear being severely disappointed, though. I know that Mr. Big gets clef toed and all, but if Carrie and Big do happen to get together at the end it will seem inconsistent with the rest of the series and the characters' personalities, and like the writers just gave in to the viewers wanting them to live happily ever after. We could place bets.

Also, how's it going at GE?
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: SATC Reply with quote

epb wrote:
So are you going to see it? I'm actually considering going today... I fear being severely disappointed, though. I know that Mr. Big gets clef toed and all, but if Carrie and Big do happen to get together at the end it will seem inconsistent with the rest of the series and the characters' personalities, and like the writers just gave in to the viewers wanting them to live happily ever after. We could place bets.

Also, how's it going at GE?

I wasn't impressed with how the series ended so we'll see if the movie comes out with a better endgame scenario. I might go see it tonight so we'll see.

I start at GE on Monday. We'll see how that whole thing turns out. Maybe this year they'll give me a working computer so I don't have to spend the first week calling the tech support people in India to try to get it fixed.

Edit: I just bought the tickets online and the site automatically posted the purchase to my Facebook newsfeed thing. This world is falling apart.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That movie was everything I could have hoped for and so much more. The theater was absolutely packed with middle aged women and when the theme song from the show started playing, they all applauded. Excellent.
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: SATC Reply with quote

lizakova wrote:
I start at GE on Monday. We'll see how that whole thing turns out. Maybe this year they'll give me a working computer so I don't have to spend the first week calling the tech support people in India to try to get it fixed.

Heh. Can you bring your laptop? Or does that violate some kind of GE security standard...

So yeah... that movie. I have to say that I've never seen so many women in one movie theater. The concentration of women was higher than I could have even imagined. There were probably like 5 men in the entire (relatively full) theater. Also, the women were talking/chatting straight through the previews, and it didn't die down until a few minutes into the movie. Very funny (albeit annoying), and somehow stereotypical. Also, I have to say that despite my expectations, the ending was somewhat believable. Though, despite that the whole thing was (maybe?) supposed to have somewhat of a fairy-tail feel, I thought some of the first part was kind of unrealistic... Would she have really been _that_ upset that Big didn't go in? Especially considering that she supposedly didn't care about the marriage per se? And his reasons for not going in weren't so compelling, I don't think. But, I thought the movie was ok overall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: