DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017
 

fnord
Woah

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
xavid is surprised at continuity.
≠√3


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 461

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Woah Reply with quote

Apparently this is still a thing?

How've people been?

Where's that Super Smash?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might go so far as to say that, to the extent that anything is still a thing, this is still a thing.

So, to make a long story short, I had a brief encounter with an MIT freshman visiting DC, and that got me thinking about ye olde forum. Shortly thereafter, I updated my status.

Xavid, what are you up to these days? How is life? Are you secretly the mastermind behind everything?

I don't know why, but this just feels right:
I hate Senior House
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xavid is surprised at continuity.
≠√3


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 461

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are good. I'm still working for Google, in London right now for 6 months on a crazy production-experience thing. I also did a Kickstarter for a Japanese heraldry book, which was crazy and great. But mostly right now I'm trying to understand all these strange words people keep saying and avoid getting on the wrong train.

How've things been with you? Apparently you're well on your way to taking over the world?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're still working for Google, your boss controls more of the world than does mine. I'm certainly not well on my way to taking over the world, but I do aspire to one day be the secret, behind-the-scenes master of some small part of it.

I moved to DC six months ago to start a job as the aide on the tax team in a Senate office. Before that, I picked up one of those JDs about which I've heard some much.

A Kickstarter for a Japanese heraldry book, you say... If someone had asked me for a list of five things that you might have done since MIT, a Kickstarter for a Japanese heraldry book absolutely would have been on that list.

(In other news, I think that I've worn down Liza's resistance to posting on this forum...)
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1303

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god I don't know what's happening here. Where am I? When I am? Why am I?

So 3 months ago I moved to St. Paul, MN with my boyfriend (who totally exists and/or may be from Canada) and his cat. I now work at the 3M corporate research center. Selling out feels awesome, and people who say that money can't buy happiness are very very wrong.

Also,
I Love DOOMCom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
xavid is surprised at continuity.
≠√3


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 461

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boss's boss's boss's boss's boss may control large portions of this shadowy cyberpunk future, but I am but a minion. I get the packets from point A to point B. What's in the packets is none of my concern. In other words, agreed, selling out is great. Evil megacorps have great benefits.

I feel like we need to capitalize on this
DOOMCom Solidarity
somehow. Pour out some moxie for the DOOMCom that was and will never be again, or something.


Last edited by xavid on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Underwood wrote:
Such a waste of talent. He chose money over power. In this town, a mistake nearly everyone makes. Money is the McMansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after 10 years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries. I cannot respect someone who doesn't see the difference.

_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xavid is surprised at continuity.
≠√3


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 461

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure that money and power are pretty convertible in today's society.

In other news, this conversation seems to have redoubled the interest in random internet spam minions emailing doomcom-acl asking for the access code.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 1303

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xavid wrote:
I feel like we need to capitalize on this
DOOMCom Solidarity
somehow. Pour out some moxie for the DOOMCom that was and will never be again, or something.[/i]


DOOMCom reunion?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
xavid is surprised at continuity.
≠√3


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 461

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly we should all get together Roast weeekend and stay as far away from Roast as possible. Except I'm not going to be on the same continent as y'all until October. Totally down for something in general, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xavid wrote:
Pretty sure that money and power are pretty convertible in today's society.
Frank Underwood wrote:
Such a waste of talent. He chose money over power. In this town, a mistake nearly everyone makes. Money is the McMansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after 10 years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries. I cannot respect someone who doesn't see the difference.


xavid wrote:
Clearly we should all get together Roast weeekend and stay as far away from Roast as possible. Except I'm not going to be on the same continent as y'all until October. Totally down for something in general, though.

I have been thinking of taking a long vacation... Before we plan anything so social as an in-person DOOMCom reunion, we need to get more of our wayward companions to join this party.

We need some sort of DOOMSignal
DOOMCom Solidarity
_________________
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.
-Children of Dune, attributed to Louis Veuillot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rehughes is hustlin'
The Guy You Meet on the Internet


Joined: 14 Sep 2007
Posts: 87
Location: United States

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you're talking about… so here's REHughes next to a dino
'sup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Charcoal2 Theme © Zarron Media