is 2017
is 2017

fnord
Breast feeding redux
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Breast feeding redux Reply with quote

This is interesting...

It's a breast feeding doll:

http://www.suntimes.com/business/1705361,CST-NWS-doll07.article

My instinct is that it couldn't promote early sexual activity, but it does make me a little uncomfortable.
awerbos
Mendicant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why?
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Breast feeding redux Reply with quote

epb wrote:
This is interesting...

It's a breast feeding doll:

http://www.suntimes.com/business/1705361,CST-NWS-doll07.article

My instinct is that it couldn't promote early sexual activity, but it does make me a little uncomfortable.

Or it could help distinguish the function of breasts from the sexual stimulation effects of breasts?
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, if the picture is anything to go by, it could make weird "chup chup chup bluuuurp" sounds.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I saw that on the news a few days ago.

Response: what the fuck, people?
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
Response: what the fuck, people?

Sinister feminist plot to distinguish the function of breasts from the sexual stimulation effects of breasts, imo.
epb
Mendicant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, on the one hand, I agree that it helps to distinguish the non-sexual and sexual components of breasts. But on the other hand, the doll/activity has pre-pubescent kids explicitly emulating an activity that is directly related to being post-pubescent. And that situation is (perhaps? sometimes? this time?) necessarily sexualizing. (Especially when it involves fake plastic pink flower adult nipples.) Sure, pushing a pretend baby carriage is somewhat similar, but it doesn't weird me out quite as much, either because it's a few degrees away from sex and vaginas, or because I'm used to seeing it. Having a little boy pretend to shave or use deodorant is a bit odd, but it's less odd than having him pretend to man-scape (which for now I'll assume has both sexual and non-sexual components).

It's really not going to promote the "Juno effect," (oy) though. Also, I seriously need to get one of these dolls.
awerbos
Mendicant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epb wrote:
But on the other hand, the doll/activity has pre-pubescent kids explicitly emulating an activity that is directly related to being post-pubescent. And that situation is (perhaps? sometimes? this time?) necessarily sexualizing. (Especially when it involves fake plastic pink flower adult nipples.) Sure, pushing a pretend baby carriage is somewhat similar, but it doesn't weird me out quite as much, either because it's a few degrees away from sex and vaginas, or because I'm used to seeing it. Having a little boy pretend to shave or use deodorant is a bit odd, but it's less odd than having him pretend to man-scape (which for now I'll assume has both sexual and non-sexual components).

Breastfeeding is no more a necessarily sexual activity than playing with your child is; both require the same amount of sex to achieve.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're on the subject of weird things involving little girls, I feel I have to say something about child beauty pageants. I've always felt that the whole child beauty pageant deal is creepy in the extreme. It weirds me out to no end.

Exhibit A:

I couldn't be any more anti-this.

Exhibit B:

The one on the left appears to be doing the robot... not sure I quite follow that.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
While we're on the subject of weird things involving little girls, I feel I have to say something about child beauty pageants. I've always felt that the whole child beauty pageant deal is creepy in the extreme. It weirds me out to no end.

Exhibit A:

I couldn't be any more anti-this.

Exhibit B:

The one on the left appears to be doing the robot... not sure I quite follow that.

mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thus ends the DOOMCom forums in an FBI raid.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, they were both on the first page of a google search for "Child Beauty Pageant."

I don't know what you want.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that first one from Little Miss Sunshine?
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
Was that first one from Little Miss Sunshine?

Yes. And the second one is from this guy.

I watched the episode with crazy pageant father and all it made me wonder why these people don't realize that they're creating playgrounds for child molesters.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As opposed to real playgrounds which are also playgrounds for child molesters?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: