DOOMCom Forum Index
is 2017
is 2017

fnord
South Korea

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: South Korea Reply with quote

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1914471,00.html

Quote:
In May, the city government started to paint 4,929 public and private parking places pink throughout the city, with thousands more slated to go under the brush next year. The pink parking spots, reserved for women drivers so they don't have to walk so far to work or the mall, are part of the South Korean capital's Women Friendly Seoul Project, an effort for the notoriously macho Asian city of more than 10 million to transform itself into a safer, more heel-friendly "space for women."

I feel like it would have been more efficient to ban women from wearing high heels, but I've gotta admire their originality.
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do tend to trip when walking over uneven ground...or pushed into uneven ground, as we have seen.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At malls in and around Boulder (as well as other major venues), there are spaces reserved for pregnant women. They're usually right next to, but sometimes closer to the door than, those spaces reserved for the handicapped.
lugo is unable to remember his password.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got pregnant spaces here, too. I keep telling Katie she needs to take one for the team and get pregnant to save us 30 feet from our walk around the mall.

No luck yet.
jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
We've got pregnant spaces here, too. I keep telling Katie she needs to take one for the team and get pregnant to save us 30 feet from our walk around the mall.

No luck yet.

She clearly isn't dedicated.
lizakova is shinying up her life.
Kitty Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaster wrote:
lugo wrote:

No luck yet.

She clearly isn't dedicated.

Being actually pregnant only gets you a couple months worth of the good parking spots (you can't really use them during your first trimester because you don't look pregnant yet and other women will give you dirty looks). Plus afterward you're stuck with a baby. It's much more cost efficient to get one of these:

jaster is back in black
Mod Emperor of Dune

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lizakova wrote:
Being actually pregnant only gets you a couple months worth of the good parking spots (you can't really use them during your first trimester because you don't look pregnant yet and other women will give you dirty looks). Plus afterward you're stuck with a baby. It's much more cost efficient to get one of these:

These are all very important points.
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but the most important point is since we are witches after she has a baby we get to eat it.
kallie is +2
Lifthrasir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugo wrote:
Yes, but the most important point is since we are witches after she has a baby we get to eat it.

Don't you just eat the placenta?
Such an Aries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placentas are gross.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: