is 2017
is 2017

fnord
Wii

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mchicken is dejected.
Cover of Rush's Seminal Album

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Wii Reply with quote

So...apparently you can't buy a Wii at the moment without buying it on Ebay or from Walmart for $650.

I was going to buy one now with like Super Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 3 in anticipation of SSBB, but I guess that's not happening.
xavid is surprised at continuity.
≠√3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of 2 months ago, if you were persistent with actual stores, you could get normal Wiis. A lot of people had given up on getting them, such that Wiis would sit in stores for a week before anyone asked for one. Maybe it's changed in the past few months, or maybe Cleveland is not Boston, but our good friend S4m spent weeks angsting about getting a Wii, and then I randomly wander into a Gamestop to find they had several in stock.
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with being persistent with actual stores is it's hard to get to them here in Boston without spending years of your life getting to each one.

I just wish one of the factory bundles had Super Paper Mario and Metroid, instead of Metroid and Zelda (which I have for GameCube), or Paper Mario and Mario Party 8 (why would anyone want this).

I don't really want to buy a Wii on Ebay but I don't see any other way..
mchicken is dejected.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, the websites for places like Best Buy and Circuit City all have a vanilla looking Wii system for $250, always sold out. Is that how much it's supposed to be, so buying one for $350 on Ebay would be foolish?

Edit: I guess what's happening is people are buying them in their towns and selling them online for $50 extra dollars or something. I'm fine with that, I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOOMCom Forum Index :: Gaming All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: